Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Topic for discussion: Social networks!

Did you know that 'Selfie' was the Oxford Dictionaries word of the year in 2013?

 'ASPIRATIONAL'
DETAILS
Country:          USA
Release Date: Sept. 19 2014
Language:        English
Running Time: 3 min.
Cast:                Lauren Robertson
                        Maria Blasucci
Starring:           Kirsten Dunst
Production:      TV Commercial Ad for Brand: Vs Magazine



 
SCRIPT
KD: Yeah, Um-hum. I called an Uber. They’ll be here soon. No, I’m fine with that. Yeah, it’s all  good. Sparkle shit all over me.
G2: Stop, stop, stop!Are you Kirsten Dunst?
KD: Yeah! That’s me.
G1: Hi! How are you?
KD: Hi
G1: Cool!Cool!
KD: Don’t you want your friend to take it?
G2: No, I don’t trust her. Great!
KD: Alright! Got it?
Girls: Cool! Cool!
KD: Do you wanna talk or anything? I mean, you can ask me a question, or… Are you curious about anything? I mean…
G1: Can you tag me?
G2: That was gonna be my question too. You tag people so it’ll show up on my profile. Thank you.
G1: Kirsten * Dunst.  I told you, I called it. Oh my god.  I’m so ingenious. I’ve already got like 15 Likes. We’re gonna get so many random followers that we don’t even know.  Kirsten! Oh my god! Jumanji, Eternal Sunshine. Little Women, Lost in Translation, Ahhh! Melancholia.
 
Questions:
1. Do you like social networks? Which ones do you know? Which one is your favourite?
2. What’s the meaning of the title ‘Aspirational’?
3. What is the protagonist doing at the beginning of the film?
4. What do the girls do when they stop the car?
5. What would you do if someone did that to you in the street?
6. Do the girls want to speak with the protagonist?
7. How do you think the protagonist feels?
8. Have you ever met a famous person? Who would you like to meet? What would you say to him/her? What questions would you ask?
9. Do you ever take selfies? Why? Have you ever taken a selfie with a celebrity? Why do people take selfies?
10.What is the message of the film?